South Asian cuisine offers a variety of bread and curry combinations that are simply irresistible. Naan, a type of flatbread, is one of the most popular breads in South Asian cuisine and is often served with a variety of curries. Here are some of the best naan and curry combos that you must try:
• Butter Chicken and Garlic Naan: Butter chicken is a classic South Asian dish that features tender chicken pieces in a rich and creamy tomato-based sauce. Garlic naan, which is naan bread infused with garlic, is the perfect accompaniment to the butter chicken.
• Chicken Tikka Masala and Butter Naan: Chicken tikka masala is another popular South Asian dish that features marinated chicken pieces in a spicy tomato-based sauce. Cheese naan, which is naan bread stuffed with butter, pairs perfectly with the spicy flavors of the chicken tikka masala.
• Palak Paneer and Plain Naan: Palak paneer is a vegetarian dish that features spinach and cottage cheese in a creamy curry sauce. Plain naan, which is the traditional form of naan without any additional flavors, is the perfect accompaniment to the mild and creamy saag paneer.
• Lamb Rogan Josh and Garlic Naan: Lamb rogan josh is a hearty and spicy lamb curry that is perfect for those who love bold flavors. Garlic naan, which is naan bread topped with chopped garlics, complements the robust flavors of the lamb rogan josh.
• Chicken Chana Masala and Peshwari Naan: Chicken Chana masala is a dish that features chicken with chickpeas in a spicy and tangy tomato-based sauce. Peshwari naan, which is naan bread stuffed with a sweet mixture of coconut, almonds, and raisins, provides a perfect balance to the spicy flavors of the chana masala.
• Aloo Gobi and Sesame Naan: Aloo gobi is a vegetarian dish that features potatoes and cauliflower in a spicy tomato-based sauce. Sesame naan, which is naan bread stuffed with sesame, complements the flavors of the aloo gobi and adds a hint of sweetness to the dish.
These are just a few examples of the many delicious naan and curry combinations that South Asian cuisine has to offer. Give them a try and you won’t be disappointed!